TITLE: Assistant Merchandiser (Permanent position)
DEPARTMENT: Merchandising – Head Office
REPORTING TO: Merchandiser
As an Assistant Merchandiser you will be expected to manage the in-season trading and pre-season planning of your own departments with assistance from Merchandiser.
- To manage own Departments to ensure 100% availability of core lines in-line with budget expectations and OTB.
- Prepare & distribute accurate performance reports, identifying variances to target and proposing effective solutions to maximise sales and profit.
- Manage the delivery of Departmental Range Plans.
- Communicate effectively both within the Merchandising Team and with all key partners.
- Participate in weekly store visits and actively liaising with Store Teams to identify solutions to drive sales further.
- Plan for Key events, Sale & Promotions ensuring deadlines are met.
- Manage the efficient exit of stock out of the business to minimise markdown.
- Deliver the Departments strategy.
- Liaise with Dotcom team for on line sales planning and stock holding
To be successful in this role you will be required to have strong analytical and numerical skills with a good understanding of margins and OTB, commercial knowledge and the ability to thrive in a fast moving environment, combined with proven communication and organisational skills. A minimum of 2 years previous experience in Merchandising is essential along with proven experience of range management.
A flexible approach to the working environment, able to demonstrate the ability to work accurately and to deadlines is required. Good organisational skills are a must, able to demonstrate ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
PC skills essential, with good working knowledge of Excel.
For further information or to apply for a position please email your CV with a cover letter stating current salary to Nigel Scholes - email@example.com.
We are looking for personable, highly motivated individuals to join our retail & hospitality teams at the Marylebone store.
We have the following vacancies available for immediate start:
Full and Part Time Café staff, for our soon to be opening Coffee bar on the ground floor. You will be part of a dedicated team selling and serving a range of cold food and drinks that are both delicious and the epitome of Conran. Experience in either a coffee shop or food outlet is desired but not essential.
Reporting to the Cafe Manager, applicants must be able to demonstrate:
· An enthusiasm for The Conran Shop and its products
· Knowledge or a keen interest in the design/lifestyle market
· Exemplary hygiene and food presentation skills
· Excellent sales and customer service experience with a flair for creating an environment customers love
· The confidence to build a good rapport with customers to ensure that they enjoy their shopping experience, even if they don’t buy anything
· Strong initiative, the ability to take responsibility and to work as part of a team
· Good organisational and administrative skills, with attention to detail and accuracy
· Flexibility and keenness to carry out all aspects of the role
The Conran Shop, founded by Sir Terence Conran, is one of the leading lifestyle retailers in the world. The Conran Shop offers a unique and personal blend of furniture, lighting, decorative accessories and gifts. From classic design to the latest design, from vintage to contemporary, aspirational and unique. These elements are all brought together in exciting and visually stimulating environments. Although the offices are in London, the retail outlets are currently in London, Paris and Dublin, along with a Franchise Operation in Japan with a further 6 stores.
For further information or to apply for these positions, please send your CV with a covering letter outlining your skills to Paul Brookes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or directly by post to the store.