Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up to our newsletter
Subscribe to hear about our latest news, events and product launches.
In the jazz-infused era of the Beat Generation, artists like Pollock, Rothko and de Kooning threw out the rulebook to create a new art for the post-war age. To celebrate this major exhibition exploring a ground-breaking movement, we have teamed up with the Royal Academy of Arts to offer a once-in-a-lifetime prize: a private view of Abstract Expressionism, a luxury overnight stay and dinner at The Athenaeum Hotel & Residences in Mayfair, and a Manhattan-inspired lunch at Avenue.
The Blue Suite at The Athenaeum Hotel & Residences in Mayfair
Avenue Restaurant at The Athenaeum Hotel & Residences in Mayfair
Simply answer the question below and enter your details for your chance to win.
What is Abstract Expressionism associated with?
Exploring an unparalleled period in American art through the works of Pollock, Rothko, Still, de Kooning and more, this landmark exhibition reveals the breadth of a movement that will forever be associated with the boundless creative energy of 1950s New York.
Discover more on the Royal Academy of Arts website.
Shop our edit of Abstract Expressionism-inspired designs from furniture and lighting to books, soft furnishings and kitchenware here.
1. This competition is open to residents of the UK ages 18 or over.
2. Employees of the RA, The Conran Shop and their family and friends are not eligible for entry.
3. Entry into this competition is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
4. Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
5. The competition closes at midday on Monday 31st October 2016.
6. Prize is subject to availability.
7. The winner will be notified by email on or before Thursday 3rd November 2016 and given details of how to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond within 3 days of being notified, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and the RA will select another winner.
8. The prize is as stated, non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
9. The RA reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
10. The competition is provided by the Royal Academy of Arts, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London, W1J 0BD, tel. 020 7300 8000.
You are now leaving our UK website. If you wish to remain shopping on this site please select 'No' below.
If you wish to shop on our EU website please select 'Continue' below.