Careers at The Conran Shop
If you’ve ever stepped through the doors of The Conran Shop or shopped online, you’ll know there is no better place for design-led products, inspirational merchandising and exceptional customer service.
Want to join our award-winning team? Browse our latest career opportunities below.
To apply for any of these vacancies, or to send an application speculatively, please send a short note explaining why you would like to be considered and for which specific role to the relevant email address below (please also include the role you are applying for in the subject line of the email), along with your current CV in Microsoft Word or .pdf format.
For opportunities based in our stores, please send your application to:
For opportunities in Head Office (Shad Thames), please send your application to:
Due to the high level of response, please allow us a few days to attend to your application after which we will advise if you have been shortlisted. Alternatively, if you are unsuccessful on this occasion we may wish to hold your details on file and contact you in the future should a suitable vacancy arise. Please indicate you are happy for us to do this when sending in your application.
- Ecommerce Customer Services Assistant (Syston)
We are looking for an experienced Ecommerce Customer Services Assistant to join our busy team at the Warehouse in Syston, Leicester. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years Customer Services experience in a retail environment and the desire to ensure that each of our customers has an exemplary experience from the placement of an order through to aftercare.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Use of business systems to ascertain order status’ and advise accordingly
- Review, maintain and action system task lists daily – including (but not limited to) store supply, orders not processed through correctly
- Review, update and maintain customer portal (Zendesk) in line with agreed company SLA
- Process payments & refunds through online portals
- Liaise across business functions to ensure a positive customer journey
- Organise stock transfers from store to the warehouse and visa versa for customer demand
- Converse with customers via phone and email
- Always maintain exemplary levels of customer service
- Keep paperwork up to date
- Operate in a safe manner complying with all health, safety and environmental requirements to ensure own and safety of others
- Aid with internal and external query resolution
- Keep areas of work clean and tidy to ensure operational efficiency
- Make recommendations to aid efficiency and add value
- Other duties as assigned and in line with business requirements
- Previous experience of Customer Services in a retail environment
- Determination to offer excellent Customer Service
- Be a quick learner and able to cope in a fast-paced environment
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Experience with CRM/stock systems
- Good, working knowledge of Microsoft Office; particularly Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work accurately and methodically
- Ability to multi-task and work to deadlines
- Capability to work independently and prioritise workload
In the first instance, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with an indication of your salary expectation and availability.
- Retail Lifestyle Manager (London)
We are looking for a Lifestyle Manager for each of our Chelsea and Marylebone stores. This role will be an essential and integral part of the store’s Senior Management Team, reporting to the Store Manager and Assistant Manager to support the Company vision and drive the business forward.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of two years of store management experience with the drive and time management expertise to spend maximum time on the shop floor whilst also covering the operational aspects of the role.
- The knowledge and ability to play a key and contributing role in the Store Management team in terms of formulating business-driven sales initiatives.
- A proactive, sales-focused mindset with strong experience of coaching and leading a team in line with and supporting Company policy and future strategic business plans and leading by example, ensuring the highest standard of customer service, verbal and written communication.
- An understanding of the importance of stock management and a keen focus on the detail of all issues surrounding stock.
- Supporting and working closely with the head office merchandising and store stock management teams.
- Proven experience of setting KPIs and targets making sure they are consistently maximised across sales, customer service, ATV, conversion, data capture, employee turnover and shrinkage.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Being present on the shop floor during trading hours and leading by example.
- Ensuring department and individual KPI targets are achieved.
- Developing and delivering training sessions with your teams, utilising internal resources and external suppliers.
- Attending weekly trade meetings.
- Communicating in-store morning briefings and leading weekly floor walks with the VM, Buying and Merchandising teams, including creating follow-up notes and action plans.
- Implementing daily snap product training to keep product knowledge up to date.
- Supporting our omnichannel business and helping build an online and offline experience for customers and within your team.
- Ensuring all lifestyle stock is represented on the shop floor and merchandised within appropriate departments, and that stockrooms are maintained to the highest standards with stock always readily available.
- Effectively planning all Lifestyle department stocktakes with thorough investigations and action plans.
- Leading recruitment for your departments, including induction and training for each team member.
- Ensuring staff rotas are efficient and have enough cover in all departments, and that the department is visually presented to the highest Company standards.
In the first instance, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com with an indication of your salary expectation and availability.
The Conran Shop is the data controller of the personal data you provide to us about yourself. The Conran Shop collects personal data about you to help in the recruitment process. This data consists of information including your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, work and education history plus details of your eligibility to work. We process this personal data as necessary to aid the recruitment process. By submitting your CV to The Conran Shop your data is held lawfully in our legitimate interest. By providing your personal data to us you agree that:
- We will only collect and use your personal information when the law allows us to.
- All the personal data we process is processed by our staff in the UK, a third party hosting company based in the UK and outside of the UK.
- Should you be unsuccessful in your application we may keep your personal data for no more than twelve months or another such reasonable duration as we believe is appropriate in the circumstances. After this point, it will be destroyed.
- If at any point you wish to have access to your personal data or believe the information we process about you is incorrect or incomplete you can request to see this information and have it corrected or deleted. You can also request for us to stop processing your personal data by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to the Data Protection Officer at The Conran Shop, Unit 3 Flatten Way, Syston, Leicestershire, LE7 1GU.
- In limited circumstances, we may approach you separately for your written consent to allow us to process certain sensitive data, and we will explain why the information is being requested. You are not obliged to agree to this request.
If you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data you have the right to complain to the supervisory authority. You can do this by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or go online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns. Please note we are not responsible for the content of external websites.
We have a comprehensive Privacy Notice which sets out specific information about data protection, your rights and our obligations which can be viewed here.