Careers at The Conran Shop
If you’ve ever stepped through the doors of The Conran Shop or shopped online, you’ll know there is no better place for design-led products, inspirational merchandising and exceptional customer service.
Want to join our award-winning team? Browse our latest career opportunities below.
To apply for any of these vacancies, or to send an application speculatively, please send a short note explaining why you would like to be considered and for which specific role to the relevant email address below (please also include the role you are applying for in the subject line of the email), along with your current CV in Microsoft Word or .pdf format.
For opportunities based in our stores, please send your application to:
For opportunities in Head Office (Shad Thames), please send your application to:
Due to the high level of response, please allow us a few days to attend to your application after which we will advise if you have been shortlisted. Alternatively, if you are unsuccessful on this occasion we may wish to hold your details on file and contact you in the future should a suitable vacancy arise. Please indicate you are happy for us to do this when sending in your application.
- Ecommerce Customer Services Assistant - Syston Warehouse
We are looking for an experienced Ecommerce Customer Services Assistant to join our busy team at the Warehouse in Syston, Leicester. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years Customer Services experience in a retail environment and the desire to ensure that each of our customers has an exemplary experience from the placement of an order through to aftercare.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Use of business systems to ascertain order status’ and advise accordingly
- Review, maintain and action system task lists daily – including (but not limited to) store supply, orders not processed through correctly
- Review, update and maintain customer portal (Zendesk) in line with agreed company SLA
- Process payments & refunds through online portals
- Liaise across business functions to ensure a positive customer journey
- Organise stock transfers from store to the warehouse and visa versa for customer demand
- Converse with customers via phone and email
- Always maintain exemplary levels of customer service
- Keep paperwork up to date
- Operate in a safe manner complying with all health, safety and environmental requirements to ensure own and safety of others
- Aid with internal and external query resolution
- Keep areas of work clean and tidy to ensure operational efficiency
- Make recommendations to aid efficiency and add value
- Other duties as assigned and in line with business requirements
- Previous experience of Customer Services in a retail environment
- Determination to offer excellent Customer Service
- Be a quick learner and able to cope in a fast-paced environment
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Experience with CRM/stock systems
- Good, working knowledge of Microsoft Office; particularly Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work accurately and methodically
- Ability to multi-task and work to deadlines
- Capability to work independently and prioritise workload
In the first instance, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com with an indication of your salary expectation and availability.
- Head of Merchandising
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Merchandising at The Conran Shop. In March this year, British businessman Javid Marandi acquired the business from Sir Terence Conran with a vision to continue his legacy and ensure that his work and guiding principles endure for generations to come. This is a poignant moment in the history of our iconic brand, but also an exciting one as we look ahead to a bright future.
Reporting to the Buying & Merchandising Director, we are looking for a Head of Merchandising with an entrepreneurial spirit who is both strategic and hands-on. Leading a team of four, you will have overall merchandising responsibility across all categories within Furniture, Lighting and Lifestyle and will have held a senior merchandising position within retail (ideally Furniture & Lifestyle) or Fashion.
Working closely with the Buying & Finance teams, you and your team will be responsible for:
- Forecasting, reviewing and agreeing budgets, continual modelling and re-forecasting according to business needs.
- Reporting on seasonal performance, measuring actual performance against plan, forecasts, the previous year and all other KPIs.
- Monitor and maximise stock levels, OTB, overall and channel stock management.
- Daily and weekly trade analysis amongst other business reporting requirements.
- WSSI management.
- Seasonal roll-ups, ensuring all relevant information for product sign-offs.
- Monitoring and reviewing supplier payments with the Finance team.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a sound merchandising background with a minimum of three years in a senior merchandising role in a retail environment.
- Have the drive and confidence to offer fresh ideas and opinions to help shape our merchandising and product strategy.
- Be highly analytical with excellent numerical and commercial skills.
- Be constantly seeking ways to improve the merchandising function with a customer and results-driven focus.
- Enjoy and thrive in a fun, fast-paced, proactive environment.
- Be a natural communicator with a genuinely collegiate and collaborative approach.
- Preferably have a background in Furniture and Lighting with experience in other Home categories.
In the first instance, please send your CV and a covering letter with an indication of your salary expectation and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Conran Shop is the data controller of the personal data you provide to us about yourself. The Conran Shop collects personal data about you to help in the recruitment process. This data consists of information including your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, work and education history plus details of your eligibility to work. We process this personal data as necessary to aid the recruitment process. By submitting your CV to The Conran Shop your data is held lawfully in our legitimate interest. By providing your personal data to us you agree that:
- We will only collect and use your personal information when the law allows us to.
- All the personal data we process is processed by our staff in the UK, a third party hosting company based in the UK and outside of the UK.
- Should you be unsuccessful in your application we may keep your personal data for no more than twelve months or another such reasonable duration as we believe is appropriate in the circumstances. After this point, it will be destroyed.
- If at any point you wish to have access to your personal data or believe the information we process about you is incorrect or incomplete you can request to see this information and have it corrected or deleted. You can also request for us to stop processing your personal data by emailing email@example.com or writing to the Data Protection Officer at The Conran Shop, Unit 3 Flatten Way, Syston, Leicestershire, LE7 1GU.
- In limited circumstances, we may approach you separately for your written consent to allow us to process certain sensitive data, and we will explain why the information is being requested. You are not obliged to agree to this request.
If you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data you have the right to complain to the supervisory authority. You can do this by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or go online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns. Please note we are not responsible for the content of external websites.
We have a comprehensive Privacy Notice which sets out specific information about data protection, your rights and our obligations which can be viewed here.