If you’ve ever stepped through the doors of The Conran Shop or shopped online, you’ll know there is no better place for design-led products, inspirational merchandising and exceptional customer service.
Want to join our award-winning team? Browse our latest career opportunities below.
To apply for any of these vacancies, or to send an application speculatively, please send a short note explaining why you would like to be considered and for which specific role to the relevant email address below (please also include the role you are applying for in the subject line of the email), along with your current CV in Microsoft Word or .pdf format.
For opportunities based in our stores, please send your application to:
For opportunities in Head Office (Shad Thames), please send your application to:
Due to the high level of response, please allow us a few days to attend to your application after which we will advise if you have been shortlisted. Alternatively, if you are unsuccessful on this occasion we may wish to hold your details on file and contact you in the future should a suitable vacancy arise. Please indicate you are happy for us to do this when sending in your application.
POSITION TITLE: Furniture & Lighting Assistant Department Manager – Full time
REPORTS TO: Store Manager
We are looking for a personable, highly motivated individual to join the retail management team at our Chelsea store. As the Furniture and Lighting Department Manager, you will be leading and coaching a dedicated team advising our customers and selling iconic design pieces. Experience leading and motivating a team is essential.
- An enthusiasm for The Conran Shop and all its products
- Proven track record of sales excellence individually and within a team
- Experience leading and motivating a team, performance management experience and ability to create, execute and follow up on employee personal development plans
- An understanding of retail maths and be familiar with reporting key performance indicators
- Confidence in driving sales and meeting KPI’s
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to cultivate good working relationships with company stakeholders
- Strong initiative and problem-solving skills, the ability to take responsibility and to work as part of a team
- Good organisational and administrative skills, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to complete tasks in good time and to an excellent standard
- Flexibility and keenness to carry out all aspects of the role
- An enthusiasm for The Conran Shop and all its products
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your CV with a cover letter stating salary expectations to email@example.com, quoting the name of the role you are applying for in the subject line.
POSITION TITLE: Sales Assistants (Full & Part Time)
REPORTS TO: Department Manager
Interested in interiors and fascinated by furniture? A number of exciting opportunities have arisen in our flagship Chelsea store for enthusiastic and dedicated Sales Assistants to join our expert team of customer advisers and work amongst our renowned curation of products. A genuine passion for furniture, gifts and interior design is a must, along with the ability to engage with, and advise customers to optimise their shopping experience.
POSITION TITLE: Stockroom Assistant (Full Time)
REPORTS TO: Loading Bay Manager
An opportunity has become available for an efficient and experienced Stockroom Assistant to join our flagship store's Loading Bay team. Reporting into the Loading Bay Manager, the ideal candidate will be able to process stock effectively and accurately. The Stockroom Assistant will ensure that goods are handled safely and speedily and that standards across dispatch and the stockrooms are always high, while providing optimum service to our customers both internal and external.
- Stock handling - You will understand the importance of stock file accuracy and learn and follow all procedures to book stock in and out of the store, while actively preventing damage
- Health and safety - You will be willing to learn and adhere to all procedures
- Customer service - You will be happy to help customers with queries and issues and report back to your manager, while being available to help colleagues on request when workload allows it
- Communication - You will be a reliable communicator, keeping astride of The Conran Shop's strategy and updating managers and colleagues on customer feedback
- Housekeeping - You will take responsibility for specific jobs around the store such as replacing store light bulbs on a weekly basis and cardboard bale disposal
- You will minimise administrative shrinkage by understanding Futura processes and completing them accurately, while ensuring no stock leaves the building without correct paperwork.
POSITION TITLE: Store Manager (Full Time)
REPORTS TO: Head of Retail
We are looking for a highly motivated, organised individual to join our Retail Management Team. As our Store Manager your role will be to manage all operational aspects of the store in order to achieve maximum sales performance and profit, whilst ensuring that optimum levels of customer service and standards are achieved always. The successful candidate will be personable, confident and committed to delivering the overall goals of for the store.
- Managing the sales performance of the store by assisting the Head of Retail in delivering the Company strategy for the Store
- Capitalising on business opportunities and presenting to the Head of Retail to improve the sales performance of all departments within your store
- Motivate the team to drive sales to ensure targets are met or exceeded
- Establishing and managing relationships with the Buying Team to maximise sales
- Prepare educations session to cover product knowledge, events, selling skills and store initiatives
- Implement promotional events, ensuring stock flow
- Support the Head of Retail, in continuously improving customer service, instilling a culture of exceptional customer service always
- Promote and monitor the quality of service through guest shopper reports and training
- Analyse sales, review and take appropriate action, updating the sales team on performance
- Developing strong presence and leadership, being highly visible on the floor, identifying issues and solving them
- Guide, coach and mentor team members to help develop and steer their careers
- Forecasting sales and selling costs monthly
- In conjunctions with the Head of Retail formulate the annual budgets for the Store
- Maintaining optimum staff levels that allow for the best possible customer service but keep payroll costs as a % of sales within budget
- Monitoring competitor activity, communicating and reacting accordingly
- Analysing the cost centre report monthly with the Sales and Floor Managers and recommend appropriate action to improve sales performance and control costs
- Maintaining optimum stock levels are achieved and ensuring the in/out bound stock is effectively controlled and the in-store replenishment process is efficiently optimised
- Analysing and managing the cash handling within the business taking corrective action where necessary
- Planning and managing annual, rolling stock takes as required
- Oversee the compliant operation of Conran Kitchen.
- Maintain a safe Health and Safety environment and legislation is up to date and compliant
- Maintaining clean and well organised stock rooms, shop floor and till points
- Supporting the Head of Retail in planning and managing sale set up and set down
- Understanding and properly executing all systems, POS guidelines and departmental operating guidelines
- Assisting Company in maintaining a safe and healthy working environment for the whole team
- Minimum of 5 years retail management experience with a lifestyle brand
- Strong leadership style, with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills, cultivating strong working relationships with company stakeholders
- Strong initiative and problem-solving skills in a timely manner, with an eye for attention to detail and accuracy
- Performance management experience, with the ability to create, execute and follow up employee personal plans
- An enthusiasm for The Conran Shop and its product range
POSITION TITLE: Café Assistant – Part-Time
REPORTS TO: Café Manager – Conran Kitchen
The Conran Kitchen, our cafe located on the ground floor of our Marylebone High Street store, is seeking an assistant to join a friendly and dynamic team. Experience in hospitality and catering required.
POSITION TITLE: Sales Assistants (Full & Part Time)
REPORTS TO: Manager (Selfridges concession)
Nestled within the iconic Selfridges store on Oxford Street, The Conran Shop’s concession store is at the heart of the action, offering design-led gifts and big-name brands that perfectly showcase our signature aesthetic. We’re in search of friendly, personable individuals to assist and advise customers in need of guidance and inspiration, to help them find their ultimate purchase. The ideal candidates will have a genuine passion for gifts, lifestyle accessories and interior design, and will have the ability to engage with customers, providing a high level of customer service for a premium shopping experience.
POSITION TITLE: Junior French Copywriter - Ecommerce
REPORTS TO: Ecommerce Assistant Manager (.FR)
LOCATION: Head Office
We are looking for a French copywriter to write and translate product descriptions, category headers, and other on-site content into French from English, in order to develop the FR online catalogue. The candidate must have the ability to write clear, compelling and concise product copy. The person must also have a good knowledge of SEO (and be able to use strategic keywords to optimize all web copy for SEO and onsite search). The position is based in London.
- French native, fluent in English
- Highly organised and detail oriented
- Excellent writing skills and ability to write in a prescribed tone of voice
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, work within internal procedures, and meet deadlines
- Experience with Magento (is a plus)
- Experience in writing B2C content for E-commerce websites (recently graduated may be considered)
- Interest in design, furniture and homewares
- Interest in Online Shopping andDigital Media
The Conran Shop is the data controller of the personal data you provide to us about yourself. The Conran Shop collects personal data about you to help in the recruitment process. This data consists of information including your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, work and education history plus details of your eligibility to work. We process this personal data as necessary to aid the recruitment process. By submitting your CV to The Conran Shop your data is held lawfully in our legitimate interest. By providing your personal data to us you agree that:
- We will only collect and use your personal information when the law allows us to.
- All the personal data we process is processed by our staff in the UK, a third party hosting company based in the UK and outside of the UK.
- Should you be unsuccessful in your application we may keep your personal data for no more than twelve months or other such reasonable duration as we believe is appropriate in the circumstances. After this point it will be destroyed.
- If at any point you wish to have access to your personal data or believe the information we process about you is incorrect or incomplete you can request to see this information and have it corrected or deleted. You can also request for us to stop processing your personal data by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to the Data Protection Officer at The Conran Shop, Unit 3 Flatten Way, Syston, Leicestershire, LE7 1GU.
- In limited circumstances we may approach you separately for your written consent to allow us to process certain sensitive data, and we will explain why the information is being requested. You are not obliged to agree to this request.
If you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data you have the right to complain to the supervisory authority. You can do this by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or go online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns. Please note we are not responsible for the content of external websites.
We have a comprehensive Privacy Notice which sets out specific information about data protection, your rights and our obligations which can be viewed here.