If you’ve ever stepped through the doors of The Conran Shop or shopped online, you’ll know there is no better place for design-led products, inspirational merchandising and exceptional customer service.
Want to join our award-winning team? Browse our latest career opportunities below. To apply for any of these vacancies, or to send an application speculatively, please email a short note explaining why you would like to be considered and for which specific role (please also include the role you are applying for in the subject line of the email), along with your current CV in Microsoft Word or .pdf format to:
Due to the high level of response, please allow us a few days to attend to your application after which we will advise if you have been shortlisted. Alternatively, if you are unsuccessful on this occasion we may wish to hold your details on file and contact you in the future should a suitable vacancy arise. Please indicate you are happy for us to do this when sending in your application.
Lighting Sales Consultant, Full Time, Chelsea Store
We’re looking for a friendly, knowledgeable individual to represent The Conran Shop’s world-renowned lighting collection. Assisting customers on the inspiring shop floor in our flagship Chelsea store, you will make sure every visitor has the information they need about the design they have their eye on, whether they’re talking floor lamps or pendants. The ideal candidate will have a genuine passion for lighting, furniture and interior design, enthusiasm about brands and designers from Anglepoise to Achille Castiglioni and have the ability to engage with customers to provide an unrivalled shopping experience.
Sales Assistant, Full & Part Time, Chelsea Store
Interested in interiors and fascinated by furniture? An exciting opportunity has arisen in our flagship Chelsea store for an enthusiastic and dedicated Sales Assistant to join our expert team of customer advisers and work amongst our renowned curation of products. A genuine passion for furniture, gifts and interior design is a must, along with the ability to engage with and advise customers to optimise their shopping experience.
Trade Consultant, Full Time, Chelsea Store
We’re looking for a friendly, knowledgeable individual to represent The Conran Shop’s world-renowned furniture and lighting collection. Assisting trade customers and interior designers with their enquiries and projects, you will ensure each customer has the information needed to find their perfect piece, from floor lamps to futons. The ideal candidate will have a genuine passion for furniture, lighting and interiors, enthusiasm about designers from Eames to Achille Castiglioni and the ability to engage with customers to provide a premium shopping experience.
Stockroom Assistant, Full Time, Chelsea Store
An opportunity has become available for an efficient and experienced Stockroom Assistant to join our flagship store's Loading Bay team. Reporting into the Loading Bay Manager, the ideal candidate will be able to process stock effectively and accurately. The Stockroom Assistant will ensure that goods are handled safely and speedily and that standards across dispatch and the stockrooms are always high, while providing optimum service to our customers both internal and external.
- Stock handling - You will understand the importance of stock file accuracy and learn and follow all procedures to book stock in and out of the store, while actively preventing damage
- Health and safety - You will be willing to learn and adhere to all procedures
- Customer service - You will be happy to help customers with queries and issues and report back to your manager, while being available to help colleagues on request when workload allows it
- Communication - You will be a reliable communicator, keeping astride of The Conran Shop's strategy and updating managers and colleagues on customer feedback
- Housekeeping - You will take responsibility for specific jobs around the store such as replacing store light bulbs on a weekly basis and cardboard bale disposal
- You will Minimise administrative shrinkage by understanding Futura processes and completing them accurately, while ensuring no stock leaves the building without correct paperwork and authorisation
E-Commerce Customer Services & Sales Assistant, Full Time, Chelsea Store
An exciting opportunity within the e-commerce department has arisen for a motivated and engaged sales assistant, who will deliver exceptional customer service to online customers and build client retention. This person will handle all customer enquiries via email, telephone & live chat through the web site, field new enquiries through to customer services and proactively engage with customers to drive sales and loyalty. This is a permanent position, working five days a week to include Saturday and Sunday based within our Chelsea store - a three or four-day week may be negotiable.
- Ensure all customers receive exceptional, premium service
- Drive sales from requests for information that arise organically
- Respond to all enquiries in a timely manner and ensure all processes and daily tasks are completed efficiently
- Deliver first class Customer Service with a personal touch
- Build a relationship with customers and develop a client book
- Respond to customer enquiries relating to customer orders, e.g. product information, stock availability, lead times etc.
- Gather information about customer orders from relevant parties and resources in the business
- Field and escalate enquiries appropriately
- Resolve all issues in a professional manner
- Source 'pick & dispatch' orders as required
- Must have previous Customer Service & Sales experience
- Be enthusiastic, highly organised and detail oriented
- Both a ‘can do’ attitude and ‘customer first’ approach
- The ability to take ownership, use initiative and adapt quickly to ad-hoc requests
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Must have a good understanding of Microsoft packages and be computer literate
- Ability to type quickly and accurately via live chat is an advantage
- Experience in a luxury, customer-facing role is an advantage
- Experience in furniture, interior design or styling is an advantage
Café Assistant, Conran Kitchen, Marylebone Store
An opportunity has become available within our flagship store for a driven and ambitious trade sales manager to join the team.
The Conran Kitchen, our cafe located on the ground floor of our Marylebone High Street store, is seeking an assistant to join a friendly and dynamic team. Experience in hospitality and catering required.
Assistant Manager, Full Time, Selfridges Concession Store
We are looking for a personable, highly motivated individual to join our retail management team at our Selfridges concession. As an Assistant Department Manager, you will report into the Department Manager and will be leading a dedicated team, advising customers and selling fashion and lifestyle accessories. Past experience of coaching and motivating a team are essential.
Performance management experience and the ability to create, execute and follow up on employee personal development plans
An understanding of retail maths and a familiarity with reporting key performance indicators
Confidence in driving sales and meeting KPIs
A proven track record of sales excellence individually and within a team
Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
The ability to cultivate good working relationships with company stakeholders
Strong initiative and problem-solving skills, the ability to take responsibility and to work as part of a team
To apply, please send a cover letter with your CV to email@example.com
Sales Assistants, Full & Part-Time, Selfridges Concession Store
Nestled within the iconic Selfridges store on Oxford Street, The Conran Shop’s concession store is at the heart of the action, offering design-led gifts and big-name brands that perfectly showcase our signature aesthetic. We’re in search of friendly, personable individuals to assist and advise customers in need of guidance and inspiration, to help them find their ultimate purchase. The ideal candidates will have a genuine passion for gifts, lifestyle accessories and interior design, and will have the ability to engage with customers, providing a high level of customer service for a premium shopping experience.
Senior Textiles Buyer, Head Office, Shad Thames
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Buyer to join the ever-growing Textiles Department at our Head Office. This candidate should be an experienced Senior Buyer or alternatively an established Buyer who feels ready for the next level. The role requires an incredible level of knowledge across the world of textiles and a great understanding of the luxury home business, combined with a commercial sensibility. This candidate will have a wealth of experience within product development, having worked directly with suppliers and travelled to factories overseas to create their own textile ranges across cushions, rugs, throws, bedding and have experience across all areas of home. They will need to demonstrate a clear understanding of The Conran Shop’s aesthetic and have a passion for the product, as well as a clear creative vision and confident buying strategy.
Strong leadership skills, the ability to nurture a team and a driving ambition to deliver across all KPIs are all essential. This is an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in Buying and deliver an unrivalled edit of the world’s best Textiles range within an iconic brand.
Due to an overwhelming response to our vacancies, only candidates who are invited to be interviewed will be contacted.
Merchandising Assistant, Head Office, Shad Thames
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Merchandising Assistant to join our Head Office team.
You will provide critical support to the Merchandiser from pre-season planning and through to in-season trading. Your analytical and numeracy skills will be put to good use assisting with daily and weekly sales reporting, monitoring stock levels, delivery of orders and planning for key event trading will be some of the key aspects of the role. We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly organised and detail oriented individual with strong numerical capability who will enjoy working in a dynamic team in our Head Office. Experience in Home & Furniture product is preferred but not essential and recent graduates may be considered. The role will involve a significant amount of computer work so a good working knowledge of MS office will be essential. Only exceptional candidates will be contacted or considered and therefore a competitive salary and benefits package is being offered for the successful applicant. Please contact Michael Seery on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Conran Shop is the data controller of the personal data you provide to us about yourself. The Conran Shop collects personal data about you to help in the recruitment process. This data consists of information including your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, work and education history plus details of your eligibility to work. We process this personal data as necessary to aid the recruitment process. By submitting your CV to The Conran Shop your data is held lawfully in our legitimate interest. By providing your personal data to us you agree that:
- We will only collect and use your personal information when the law allows us to.
- All the personal data we process is processed by our staff in the UK, a third party hosting company based in the UK and outside of the UK.
- Should you be unsuccessful in your application we may keep your personal data for no more than twelve months or other such reasonable duration as we believe is appropriate in the circumstances. After this point it will be destroyed.
- If at any point you wish to have access to your personal data or believe the information we process about you is incorrect or incomplete you can request to see this information and have it corrected or deleted. You can also request for us to stop processing your personal data by emailing email@example.com or writing to the Data Protection Officer at The Conran Shop, Unit 3 Flatten Way, Syston, Leicestershire, LE7 1GU.
- In limited circumstances we may approach you separately for your written consent to allow us to process certain sensitive data, and we will explain why the information is being requested. You are not obliged to agree to this request.
If you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data you have the right to complain to the supervisory authority. You can do this by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or go online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns. Please note we are not responsible for the content of external websites.
We have a comprehensive Privacy Notice which sets out specific information about data protection, your rights and our obligations which can be viewed here.