Make the most of your time, space and funds with this indispensable guide to contemporary living by one of the world's leading experts on interior design.
Sir Terence Conran firmly believes that objects and their surroundings should be plain, simple and useful. These three key factors equate to easy living and form the basis of the design guru’s latest book PLAIN SIMPLE USEFUL: The Essence of Conran Style.
Shining a light on practical designs which perform well over time, this book is the antithesis to the superficial, shoddy and second-rate. Organised according to the main activities that take place at home, the pages are filled with inspirational interiors, many of which are Conran’s own, and a number of unique projects designed by Terence exclusively for this book.
From iconic examples of classic designs, guidelines for decorating and a peek behind the closed doors of enviable, well-ordered cupboards, larders and stowing spaces – you’ll find all the inspiration you need to embrace easy living.
Terence has written more than 50 informative books that broadly reflect his design philosophy, selling over 20 million copies worldwide. Now this is your chance to meet one of the world’s best known designers, restaurateurs and retailers at our exclusive book launch.
Sir Terence Conran, will be launching his latest book, PLAIN SIMPLE USEFUL: The Essence of Conran Style, at our Chelsea store (Michelin House, 81 Fulham Road) from 5pm to 8pm on Wednesday 7th May, 2014.
RSVP is essential: email@example.com
Want to channel this effortlessly stylish, confident and timeless aesthetic into your interior space? Shop our top 10 buys to the Essence of Conran Style:
1. Oscar trestle table by Terence Conran, £3,395
2. Bialetti Moka espresso pot by Alfonso Bialetti, £22
3. Anglepoise desk lamp by Kenneth Grange, £145
4. Wave chest of drawers by Russell Pinch, £1,395
5. Oscar bench by Terence Conran, £1,150
6. Aspen three-seat sofa by Terence Conran, £1,695
7. Corian and walnut desk by Søren Nissen and Ebbe Gehl, £2,995
8. Wishbone chair by Hans J. Wegner, £588
9. Balance coffee table by Terence Conran, £440
10. Eames lounger and ottoman by Charles and Ray Eames, £6,038